Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Just call me "snake killer"

As I was taking out another bag of trash, I caught sight of the snake I killed yesterday. I know, I know, it sounds so...primal. But, let me explain. I saw him when I was getting out of the car and heading into the garage. He was sitting right next to all my boxes and I really don't want to "bring" him with us to our new home. I had the girls keep an eye on him while I went for my hoe (learned it from my grandmother). Since my garden tools are already tied up in bunches and not available, I had to grab a hatchet. After I was done and I was telling Chuck about it, I realized since we have been here, I am the one killing all the snakes, he hasn't killed any. It's only been about 3 or 4, but the most memorable one was the one I stomped to death while I was wearing Crocs in the garden.

No comments: