Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Highlights














Thanks to Mar Mar (Chuck's mom) the girls got these huge baskets this year. We were busy and she offered to get them baskets. I remember always wanting a big basket from the store and not understanding that is wasn't as full and big as it looks. She added to these baskets to make them full of great goodies for the girls (great idea).












We have always done an egg hunt. The girls are older now so I am hiding them more than before. I do, however, fill the eggs with more than candy. Dry cereal, crackers, money and one is empty to signify the empty tomb.







The best part of the egg hunt is opening up all the eggs to find out what is inside. They are still thrilled with what ever is in them.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. Have you ever seen resurrection eggs? I saw them on another friend's blog(Wheeler's on my sidebar). I have to find those before next year. They look so fun...and educational!

Annie said...

That's a cute idea. We just have little chocolate eggs. Pretty simple.

Lee and Bev said...

Such beautiful girls! Great pictures! What a nice grandma! Thanks, Marilyn! Glad you had a fun day! Praying for your friends and the babies!!

Mrs. Hammer Time said...

So fun. I love Easter... very nice add with the empty egg. I know of "Resurrection eggs" where every egg has something in it signifying Jesus' life, death, and rising (ie empty egg =empty tomb) but I never thought of carrying it over into the egg hunt. I'm def stealing that idea. One of the many... ;)

Susan said...

The girls looks so cute. Their hair is really getting long. Glad that mar-mar got such fun baskets for them.