Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The cat is out of the bag (so to speak)

Well, this is the post that I have been waiting to write. To fill you all in on the details that I didn't tell you last time.

As I mentioned, God has been working in our lives here and I now have some freedom to fill you in. If you have been following our blog for awhile, you will know that we have only recently located to our current home about 5 months ago. We were so thankful to find this home and have so enjoyed living here and fixing it up to make it our own. But... the for sale sign goes in the yard on Monday. We are moving on. (gasp)

I know, I know, grab your cup of coffee and sit down. Chuck's job here in our sunny state has been a great fit and we have enjoyed watching him flourish (awards and all). One of Chuck's deepest desires has been to take his 2 degrees (communication/TV and Bible -- his 2 loves) and blend them into a job. It seems that that God has brought that along.

Our prayer has been that God would open the right doors and close the wrong ones. We have seen God closing the door at his current job. It has been a hard and somewhat painful process. It has been hard to see Chuck struggle and watch his company go through the dip that they are in.

In the past few months we have been praying more fervently about this new opportunity. We both have such a peace about this new opportunity and he has decided to take this new job. It will move us out of the state and into a new one. The idea of selling our home sounds impossible in this market. We have fixed up this home and invested a lot of time, energy and money into our home. But I am reminded that these are all things that we hold loosely in our hand. These are the details that God is sovereign over. I know that I can completely trust Him in.

I will share more about the new job (gotta leave some details for later). But for now, I am asking my dear friends and family to join us in prayer. We are praying for a quick sale on our home. That is the seemingly impossible. But I know that it would be a great testimony to God's faithfulness. It will be VERY hard for our family to be apart for awhile, but we may have to do that.

So, my blog sisters... that is the cat that is now out of the bag.

19 comments:

Randi Sue said...

I had a feeling that was what it was. I can't wait to hear what the new job is. We sure will miss you around here, but I am excited for you.

Ginny said...

That's exciting! I will pray for the sale of your house. So I know that in blogland people like to keep their locations secret, but can you divulge how many miles away you are moving??

Christy said...

Remember we are just few miles down the road- either direction, and are soo excited for you guys. Keep us posted if you need any moving help- I know someone with lots of tractor trailers :)

Andrea said...

New state and a new job! Looking forward to more details...and I'll be praying for the perfect speedy buyers for your home!

Lulu said...

Wow! Praying God will do big things. Yeah, would love to know what "area" of the country it will be...I know you're far from me now just be comparing weather! :)

Kristie said...

We are praying...still:-) Keep us informed! Can't wait to hear some more details. I still have your jacket:-) I'll call and bring it by one day during my lunch break.
Love y'all

Susan said...

We WILL be praying for q quick sale...wouldn't that just be a super-extra blessing from God? Hey, take lots of pics of your finished home before it is someone elses (too sad). Love you moving buddy!

Crystal said...

Praying for you all, especially for the sale of the home!!! You must be very excited!! Will you be moving to another state? Praying for all to go very smooth : )

Anonymous said...

I already knew the details. However, I will pray it all goes smooth and QUICK. WAAAAAAH. You are leaving me.

5Gustos said...

Somehow I just KNEW that this was it, but I didn't really want to know. I have to remind myself that God is in control, though, even if it means a good friend is moving on. And yes, praying for you all.

Lee and Bev said...

"This world is not my home; I'm just apassing through..." Hard to keep this in mind when we're in the midst of transition. You know we're praying for God to do big things for you! We love you!

Tiffany said...

I am eager to see how God shows himself faithful in this situation. I'm sure you will have lots of stories to tell. Praying for you...

Annie said...

Well, I'll watch your journey and pray for you. I know that all will be well.

greta said...

Darn! I was WAY OFF! :) I thought you were going to tell us you were ADOPTING! LOL LOL

I will be praying for the Impossible-so that ONLY God can get the glory!

Can't wait to hear more! Like what State????

crispy said...

Greta, I love what you said...praying the impossible happens so only God gets the glory. How neat...and you know exactly why we need to get settled and get a permanent address...=)

Sarah said...

Wow! Big changes. I will pray for a fast sale and patience for you in the mean time.

Ginny said...

I caught that comment Cris!!!

junglemama said...

How exciting! I looke forward to reading more! May God Bless you guys and get you through any tough times ahead as you guys make this move. :)

Mrs. Hammer Time said...

Will be praying... Sounds exciting!