- The girls had a great time last week at camp and then I forced them to rest most of the weekend to prepare for this week.
- We have 3 extra kiddos around the house this week. I am taking car of a friends kids while they are in Ethiopia adoption their daughter. So far we are having a good time and it is going really well. I am sure they are really missing their mom and dad by now but they have been able to hold it together. Hope that continues until Friday when we head to the air port to pick them up.
- I have been treating this week like camp with organized activities and a schedule of events. I think it helps everyone involved not just to have free time all day. Our days have been full of swimming and craft time and other things like that. I even get them to rest each day after lunch.
- I have enjoyed trying some new things with my produce from the farm. I guess no one else had heard of the tuna on a potato. Did I scare you all off with that? Will I freak you out when I share about ZUCCHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
- Still so thrilled that the scooter was returned. God is so good.
- I got some neat pictures of the kids at camp. And when I have a few seconds to myself, I will post them. Let's just say...that rock wall was TALL !!!
- I am a month into a new exercise routine, and it is kicking my hind end into shape. I am working out like a maniac and sweating like a dog. Whew. I hope to see some great results.
- Next week I take the kids to the ortho to be fitted for retainers and braces. Cha-ching.
- I measured the girls the other day. They have each grown over an inch in the past 3 months. Can we say...growth spurt. I think when Tally out grows her shoes she can pass them on to Grammy. Then she will be in a women's size 9 (she is still only 10 years old). There are times I notice that she is taller than adult women.
- We have gone 6 months with no cable TV and to be honest...I don't miss it at all. I am sure 6 months is nothing compared to some of you, but remember, my husband works in the TV industry.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Labels: misc. updates
Just a few moments to sit and use the computer...it has been a busy week so far. Here is my crazy list of thoughts.
Posted by crispy at 5:22 PM