Saturday, October 20, 2007

"Do what's right"

All my life growing up, a phrase I heard from my Dad was "Do what's right". You know, you are heading out the door to spend the evening with your high-school friends and you get that little reminder that you need to make good decisions and do the right thing. I believe that God has honored that and has really given me the desire the do the right thing. Another word for it is DISIPLINE. Doing the right thing even though I don't feel like it. Think through how much of life is full of discipline. Eating, time management, money, exercise, homework, job duties, cleaning the home, paying the bills on time. All of those things require discipline. The list could go on and on.

Even though I don't feel like doing the right thing all the time, I know that the payoff is worth it and the results of not being disciplined is not worth it (at least to me). I can see how it is my job to instill this habit in my own children's lives and demonstrate for them the example of a disciplined life.

All, this to say, I don't feel like putting on my running shoes and getting out there, but I know it is the right thing to do and the pay off is worth it. (And by the way...thanks Dad)

No comments: