Thursday, July 24, 2008

back to the airport

I am up early so I can actually do my hair before we head out to the airport to pick up Chuck. It has been 3 weeks since he came home last and this is the last ticket we have for him. I am just believing and trusting that we get a contract by the end of July. The place that he has been staying will become unavailable as of the end of August (not sure where he will stay after that). It has been a rough few days (I have a post running around in my head to share the details).

I think I have figured out that this whole process is like a ride at the amusement park. I feel like I have been strapped into a roller coaster and can't get off. There are ups and downs, twists and turns and it is thrilling yet terrifying at the same time. This whole thing has taken me out of my comfort zone and forced me to rely on God's strength like never before. The moment I think the coaster is coming to a stop is takes off again for another wild ride. I think I might enjoy the merry-go-round better. Smaller highs and lows and much more predictable. There is even music and all of your family waving on the side each time you pass by them. I am just not sure that I am enjoying the ride of this adventure. I am trusting that God knows when the ride is coming to a complete and full stop so I can hop off. =)

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I was thinking about you this morning - and praying. Have a great weekend together!

A Girl, her God, and a Gift! said...

Enjoy your weekend. I hope that it's not as "booger hot" down there as it is here. I said that a week or so ago and Emma said, "Mama, what's booger hot?" I told her that it was my friend's word for REALLY hot. A few days later we walked out to the van and she said, "It's booger hot out here." Too funny. I am praying for you all and for God's amazing provision.

K-Sue said...

Welcome home again, Chuck! I hope it's not booger hot, too.

Annie said...

Very apt image. I feel for you. But - think of it this way...a lot of people would just be gripping the seat with white knuckles and not experiencing any heights or thrills. Thank God for the fact that you are, at least, brave enough to experience the ride and WAIT to get off, rather than just hiding your head and crying! That's courage!

Rachel said...

Praying for you, sweet sister in Christ. I am out of town at a conference this week so do not have my address book on my work laptop but email if you need to talk.

~S~~~~~ said...

Cris,
I am also praying that your house will sell so that you guys can all be up here. Chuck and I were talking about the changing of seasons coming up (ok, it's like 2 months away but still...) anyways, I told him how much fun it will be to experience that with ALL of you guys (seeing as it will be my first season change)... so that is how I am speaking and praying, it is not if you guys will be here, it is that YOU WILL be here for the season change!
stacee

Christy said...

Glad to hear that Daddy's home! Keep the faith, we are in the same "need to sell this house" boat.

Tim and Susan said...

I love your vivid illustration. Thanks for being honest. Sorry it is so hard with all the emotional ups and downs. Keep remembering that this ride is not a mistake, but the ticket given to you by God...He is teaching you and growing you...desperate and dependant is where you should be!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,
Wow, I thought mine and Jeremy's schedule of traveling was hard, but you and Chuck win on this one. I hope that you can all be together as a family soon. We are praying for your house to sell.

Lee and Bev said...

Hope that roller coaster slows down this weekend and you all have a great weekend together. Praying hard for that sale!

steffany said...

Oh honey.

I know the ride is hard, bumpy and long, but it will have an end:)