Friday, July 18, 2008

Where to start????

After my reunion with my laptop last night (yep, I was up past 1:00 trying to catch up on as much as I could) it had another hissy fit this morning. Wouldn't work again and had to have the trusty "computer whisperer" come and whisper sweet nothings in it's ear to get it to work again. I think I am really truly back up and running. Let's hope at least.

So the question is...where to start? Where do I begin with trying to unload all the posts that have been bottled up in my mind. As you all know, once you start blogging you see your world through a blog filter. Everything becomes a potential blog post. This being said, I will try and exibit some self control and not post everything I have been thinking about in the last few weeks. I did have to begin with that picture of Steffany and I really wanted to give her a little shout out since it was just last week that I met her in person.

I can tell you are all on the edge of your seat to hear the bear story. Should I share that now or keep you coming back to read about that one? Um...I think I have to share pictures of the girls hair cuts first. I know, b-o-r-i-n-g for those local friends and have already seen them. But my family far away hasn't seen them and since I am already cut out of all the comrodery it is my attempt to be part of the group.












before and after


















In the thrifty way of life that we are in, I took a chance and cut the kids hair on my own. I thought it turned out pretty good. Not TOO much of a homemade haircut look. =) The truth is, we live in a VERY hot and and humid state and the long hair was just getting too hard to take care of. And it is easy to swim with shorter hair. I do think Tally is interesting in trying to grow it out and donate it (she has beautiful thick hair - no wonder it is so hot).






11 comments:

Salzwedel Family said...

Looks great! I cute my boys hair, but have never attempted D's. I'll have to think about that one.

Randi Sue said...

It looks good. Doesn't it feel good to save money .

A Girl, her God, and a Gift! said...

Those hair cuts don't look home-done at all. If I thought I could make mine look that nice, I'd give it a try. Growing out your hair to donate is fun. I did it once a few years back and am on the road to doing it again, but it's growing SO slow post-kids. 2 of my neices donated, my sister, Crystal, did. And my father... yes you heard me correctly... my father is attempting to grow his out to donate now at 52 years old. Many salons will give a free or discounted cut and style and take care of sending your hair in to Locks of Love- check out their website. So glad to have you back in the blogging world.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed you =)

The girls hair looks sweet! I had a MAJOR hair mishap with Max. So bad that I am sad to share it on the blog (as one day he would see it and wonder if I loved him at all). I will try to send it to you through email.

Can't wait to hear the bear story!

Crystal said...

How cute they both are, I love the new cuts! We have been sporting summer hair in here as well. Long hair and swimming often doesn't mix well. Blessings to you : )

Anonymous said...

They look great! I cut all of my kids hair. I have gotten pretty good at it. The more you do it, the better you get. I will say ... you did a fantastic job. I would not have guessed you did them!

Ginny said...

You did a great job! Your girls are so very adorable.

Anonymous said...

Haircuts look great! You did get alot of experience with that though. I remember you did haircuts in Hondourus on about 50 or more kids. Keep up the good work. I cut my own and like it better now that I do. Thinning sissors is all I ever use.

Annie said...

Cute! You did a great job!

Lee and Bev said...

Been waitin' for these pictures. Precious girls - lovely haircuts! Way to go- Cris! Chalk up another accomplishment to your list of many!!
Talloy - how great that you want to donate your locks! I think it has to be a foot long - that will take a while, huh? Love you!

Tim and Susan said...

Good job THRIFTY mom on the homedone haircuts. They are TOO cute. I am sure shorter hair is easier with the hot humidity and swimming. A teeenage friend of ours grew her hair really long and donated it to "Locks of Love" (makes wigs for cancer patients? I think). I just trimmed JT's hair just around the ears and it saved us a true hair cut. The boys are trying to go long to be "in", but it looks a bit wild at times, with those curls. They look cool though (even though they are hot) ha ha