Sunday, July 20, 2008

Come on in...and stay awhile

If you know me at all, you would see I love to have people into my home. Yep, got the hospitality gift. I love to see other peoples homes. I love to look at house pictures. I really should have gotten a degree in interior design. I love to watch home decorating shows. HGTV is one of my favs. I will often check out books of house plans out of the library (with no intention of building my own home). I have said before I am a visual person. The more pictures the better. And with every anticipation that our home here will hopefully be a memory, I wanted to capture it on my blog. I also wanted to invite you in (virtually that is) and stay awhile. Now...here are my disclaimers.

***My house doesn NOT always looks like this. For all you out there that think we live in a supper clean bubble, you are mistaken. In fact I have a messy kitchen as I sit here and blog this (I really should clean it up). And if any of you have had your house on the market to sell, you know that you have to have it show ready in just a few moments.

***Our house did NOT look like this when we bought it. (I can't find the before pics). We have redone just about everything in the last 7 months. Including painting, lighting, flooring...you get the idea. I thought this house had a neat country farm house feel and I love character. And I am thankful I was able to look beyond the quirks that it had to see the diamond in the rough.

Lastly, here is that house that you are joining us in praying that it will sell soon. I do appreciate all your prayer and support.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. It sure has a five star diamond rating now. I also enjoy HGTV expecially House Hunters. Praying hard for the sale. Some lucky buyer will be along soon.

Annie said...

Cris - it is just beautiful! Even filled with dirty laundry, school papers, junk mail, etc. it would be gorgeous. I envy you all that spaceiousness! Thanks for sharing.

Salzwedel Family said...

If only my house looked that uncluttered...sigh...

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I am so hoping, I can make it for a hospitality tour. Maybe in August!

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Where did you get the maps and frames in the bedroom?

DebiH. said...

I love it! It is such a welcoming home and I'm sure the right family will fall in love with it!

K-Sue said...

What I love about this house, in no certain order, except saving the best for last:

- the wall color(Oregon Coast)
- the extra-wide hall
- the schoolroom
- the front porch
- the wood floors
- the acreage
- the guest house
- the back porch area
- the people who live in it!

Hi jandkmoon!

crispy said...

PTM, I would love to have you come in August. Email me and let me know. Hopefully we wont be here but if we are I do look forward to seeing you.

The maps in the school room I picked up at Walmart a few years ago. They are just posters, no frames. I do hope to do a map art/frame thing in our next house with each state that we have lived in in a different frame. A friend of mine has it in her LR and it looks great.

Rachael said...

You have a very lovely home! I can't imagine how hard it must be to be moving again, so soon, after all that work.

Lee and Bev said...

It looks awesome - as always! Surely someone out there needs this loving, updated yet very homey house. It truly is a home - not just a house!

steffany said...

Beautiful. Picture perfect. That house will bless a new family. You can feel the love

Rachel said...

Your home is so beautiful Cris...praying for a sale! Please say a little pray for John this week as he has all four kiddies. Send me an email...miss "chatting" with you =(

A Girl, her God, and a Gift! said...

Thanks for even more pics... I found your house on a real estate website because I wanted to see pictures of it. It's gorgeous and all of your hard work paid off. If I could move where you live, I'd buy it in a second. One thing I loved about your sale information was ALL the photos... I'm visual, too.

Renee said...

Hi,
I found your blog today through another blog...i love your house!! It's adorable. I am an HGTV addict...i love home improvement...so much that we re-did our floors because i said "it's really easy, i see it done on tv all the time!" I am trying to keep on more cooking shows so I get motivated to cook and not paint!
Renee:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! We such similar taste!! I love decorating too. LOVE it.

Ginny said...

Incredible! You have done a wonderful job. Surely it will sell soon! You and I like similar colors. Everything looks crisp, clean and fresh.

Tim and Susan said...

What beautiful pictures of your home. I am sure it is the prettiest one on the market for miles. We keep praying with you that it will sell soon. Your school room is so cute too.

Sarah said...

You have a beautiful home. I hope it sells soon and you can find a new place to make just as beautiful! It looks like some thing in a magazine! You really have a talent for decorating! :)

atotallydifferentperson said...

I found you thru Tiffany's blog.
Love your house and decorating style. Maybe you could come over and give me some tips for my very undecorated house!
Shelly

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I have been out of the blogging loop for a long time now and am trying to catch up. Love the house! Keep up the good work!