Saturday, January 5, 2008

Can you go to bed with dishes in the sink?

I admit I tend to be a bit "Monkish" about things. I tend to order the same thing at restaurants. I often make the same meals. I buy the same things at the deli every week, but I can go to bed with dishes in the sink. Not always by choice but what about when you are soaking a lasagna dish? Or what about when you just started the dish washer and it is packed full and you find a few more things in the kids rooms? Isn't it interesting how we have our quirks. Things that other people might notice and judge us for.

And other times I go to bed with the dishwasher empty and the sink full of dirty dishes just because I am too tired. And I know if I start to do the dishes it will wake me up and then I will have missed my sleep window. Or I might just choose to leave the dishes in the sink to fight off the OCD tendencies. Ohhh...I sound a bit twisted in this post. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! I can go to bed with dishes in the sink too! Got your update today and I will be sending one out next week...(intentions anyway)
Miss you guys! Amy Sue

Susan said...

I don't leave dishes in the sink too often...just because it is so depressing waking up to a messy kitchen...it makes me feel like I've started the day behind already. especially because mornings are so busy. I do better if I can't see the mess. I can sit down in a clean living room and if I can't see the mess behind closed doors. it's tolerated longer.

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

Yep, I can leave the sink full of dishes. I'm glad they made it to the sink and aren't scattered around the house!
Denise

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that dessert dishes SHOULD be left in the sink as a reminder that you enjoyed the last minute of your last evening......