Thursday, January 31, 2008

Precious

Tonight I was reminded of how precious our children are. Our lives are so busy and *daily* , we don't always get the chance to just appreciate the wonderful gift of parenthood. Believe me, today had many moments of dredging through the trenches of being a Mom. But tonight...in the quietness of the evening...I was gently reminded of the preciousness of a child.

Precious (according to dictinary.com)
  • of high price or great value; very valuable or costly
  • dear; beloved
  • darling

These were just a few that I noted from the definition. So true. Children require so much and yet so little all at the same time. Tonight I sat on the floor, kneeling next to Tristen, just stroking her hair and praying the fainting would pass. A regular occurrence after a long day. (see this post) Knowing that there is little I can do to make her feel any better, but I would take the pain myself if I could. Praying that God's grace would make it pass quickly, all the well knowing that she must feel awful.

These precious children that God has given to us. I am willing to pay the high price that it takes to raise them. They are so dear and beloved to me. How thankful I am that they have a safe, loving home. I am thinking of all those orphans who are waiting to go home to a permanent family.

And yet, I am again reminded, that God loves them even more. They are more precious to Him than to me. Something my mind can hardly comprehend.

Precious...adored...beloved...cherished...treasured...valued...child

6 comments:

Lee and Bev said...

How "precious!" As I see my children in pain and how much I would like to take it for them, it reminds me of God's love for His son and how much it must have pained Him (God) to watch His son die for us. It is easier to endure pain ourselves than to watch those who are precious to us go through pain. "For God so loved the world..."

Susan said...

Our kids ARE a precious gift from God. We are blessed. I've always wondered how it would feel to be a mother a of little one in a 3rd world country without enought food, how her heart must ache to not be able to care and feed her little ones!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. If only everyone saw children this way. Imagine the what the world would look like.

Anonymous said...

Susan... I have 3 children in 3rd world countries. While I do not have to see them suffer daily, I can relate to the angony of knowing they are not getting what they need and I am not there to hold them.

junglemama said...

How beautiful. Children are a gift.

P.S. You've been tagged.

5Gustos said...

I'm misty-eyed reading this post just now.