Several months ago I picked up a calendar on the clearance rack at the drug store for about 25 cents. I thought it would make for some good pictures in a lapbook. I am trying to work harder at adding color to the lapbooks which should help the kids remember more (visual learners).
I haven't taken the plunge and purchased any lapbooks. I just make them up as I go along. We have been reading the Apologia book called Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day (HERE). That is where most of our info came from for the lapbook.On our first flaps we have some pictures and the mini books include:
- what makes a bird a bird?
- watching a robin's nest
- benefits of birds
- what is molting?
- types of beaks (I googled it under images and found these to cut out)
- parts of a bird (couldn't find a good picture so I drew it instead)
- what is preening?
- tools for bird watching (the book that looks like a tool box)
- what birds eat
- definitions (habitat, instinct, extinction and migration)
- feather features
- 5 types of feathers
- pocket for bird poetryHere is an up close look at the 5 types of feathers mini book.
On the last flap there is:
- pocket for songs, calls and communications of birds
- types of bird nests (I printed these pictures from online too)
It is good for me to look back at all that we have done (school wise) this year and realize, we really have accomplished a lot. Whew, almost done and ready for a little break.