Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Blessings


Let me just say...it was a beautiful Mother's Day. Everything from the weather without rain...to my thoughtful gifts...to sweet pictures of my girls and I.

After some discussion with Chuck of what we should do, I requested breakfast at home with a treat of a Starbucks coffee and some kind of special pastry. We enjoyed our goodies at the breakfast nook while the kids and Daddy shared with me special things they love about me. Their words of encouragement meant so much and were so thoughtful.

We headed home after trying a new church (still checking things out on that front) and had a nice lunch with my parents. We had yummy salads and we enjoyed grilled chicken out on the back deck. Then the girls brought out the gifts. Sweet little hand painted frames and crafts. Such thoughtful little girls.

Then, to my surprise, the girls and Chuck gave me such a THOUGHTFUL gift...an award. In recognition of the effort I give to our family, they wanted to recognize the work I do to make our family what it is. This shocked me and took me by such a wonderful surprise. The moment I knew what it was, the ugly cry started to creep in and took over. And if you know me, it takes a LOT to get me to cry.

I felt such a sense of appreciation and admiration by the people that matter most to me. To know how much they notice and appreciate all I do as the Mom was so wonderful. I truly felt recognized and acknowledged. A feeling every Mom should feel.

I have shared before that motherhood is such a privilege, an honor that God chose me to invest and serve this beautiful family. I am blessed more than words can explain. Thankful to be a mommy. Grateful to partner with my husband. Honored to influence my children.

I hope all you Mothers out there in blogville had a FANTASTIC Mother's Day and felt special and appreciated and honored by your families. My world is better for having know such inspirational Moms.

13 comments:

Crystal said...

What a blessing to give you all that and an award!!! You are truly blessed, I would have cried also. I hope you had a great day : )

I have a request of you. I prayed for your home to sell for a long time, very regularly. We are currently selling our home in MI. It is still kind of a secret as far as my husband's job is concerned. It is currently the worst time to sell a house in this state. Will you please pray for us as we know God is leading us to a new service to him? THanks in advance!!

I am also giving away a book on my blog. I think you would love the book! Come by to leave a comment if you can. In Christ~

Elle J said...

What a great day! I LOVE the last picture of you and your girls. Such honest, genuine smiles on all of you. Happy Mother's Day!!

Lea Whittaker said...

How special and sweet!! You truly are a wonderful mom and inspiring (and I haven't even known you that long). I love it when God puts people in your lives that are such great examples of a Godly woman, wife and mom.
I am so glad you had a wonderful day and what cute pictures of you and the girls!

Annie said...

Your home is so wonderful. And I know why - Christ is the center of it for both of you! And you are blessed in other ways, too, of course. But what an idyllic day! I think it also helps to have family members who "see" things the way you do. For example, your whole family sees Mothers Day as a day to celebrate (no one has decided it is a silly Hallmark thing they are going to ignore, for example.) But over and above that - your husband is so thoughtful, and so are your girls. I am really touched that Chuck thought about that award (and it is so cute, too).

There is another blog I read where the mom was ranting against Mother's Day as unnecessary and artificial. One of her adopted sons finds it painful. Their whole house seems almost racked in pain.

It was such a joy to read about your day....

Mine was somewhere in the middle.

Lee and Bev said...

Such wonderful pictures...such a blessed mom...such a great day together. Thanks so much.

Tiffany said...

Happy Mother's Day! The pictures are beautiful, I think you should make a collage out of them. I think you can do that on Shutterfly--I love the one of them kissing your cheeks! So sweet. The award is fantastic! You deserve it, you were just made to be a mom.

K-Sue said...

I love the kissie picture!

Gabi said...

What a great gift!! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. :)
Gabi

DebiH. said...

What sweet and fun pictures! Sounds like a beautiful day!

carrie said...

I'm glad you had a great day and were so blessed by your family! You deserve it. The pictures are wonderful!! How far away do you live from your parents now? How great that you could spend Mother's Day with your mom, too!

Tim and Susan said...

I love the last picture of you and the girls...too cute. And Chuck is great to honor you. Don't we have thoughtful husbands? I like your hair, it looks pretty! Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

Anonymous said...

Awww oh wonderful.

I got an award last year. It was awesome.

Love all of the pictures. you and girls are so beautiful.

Cindy said...

I'm just getting around to posting a comment and I just wanted to say what a wonderful family you have-a beautiful award for a beautiful person!