It seems like there has been a lag in these kind of lists that go around people's blogs. Thought I would make one up myself to get the creative juices flowing. Let's start off the new summer season with a glimpse into my vulnerable self. I will try and make these items summer related, as I love a theme to something.
1. I am a terrible swimmer. Can't go under without plugging my nose. I can tread water with the best of you, but actual strokes - um - can't do them. My kids put me to shame in the pool.
2. I love fireworks - but not crazy about fire crackers. I enjoy going to see fireworks - the professional kind, but the kind that you buy in Wal-mart parking lot and set off yourself in the driveway at home (you know the kind that scare children and animals alike)...I can go without those.
3. I serve a LOT of salad for meals in the summer. Taco salad, Asian chicken salad, fruit salad, tossed green salad, pasta salad, layered salad. We have had salad for the last 2 nights for dinner.
4. I am really cheap when it comes to running the air conditioning. I would rather have fresh air breezing through the windows. I set the air as high as I can tolerate it and I am the first one to turn it off as soon as the weather is nice.
5. I make my kids do school in the summer. Yep...that is me, mean mommy. We do math all summer long. Not every day, but at least 3 or 4 days a week. We do however also do LOTS of art in the summer too.
6. I haven't bought a new swim suit in several years. I HATE shopping for a new suit. It is one of my least favorite things to shop for. UGH. I find the whole thing depressing.
7. I LOVE summer camp. Going to camp was a huge part of my childhood years. It was such a tool that God used to reach me and draw me close to Him. My camp was Timber-Lee in Wisconsin. It is still a special place for me. I went every summer from 3rd grade through college (when I worked there). I even loaded my kids up on a plane 2 summers ago to experience it themselves.
So, there you have it. My summer season 7 list. I would love to hear your SUMMER SEASON 7 list. Do share. Either post it on your blog or leave a little list in the comment area.