Wednesday, October 7, 2009

big week

The rest of the week will be a big week here. Today is our last homestudy meeting. This time the case worker comes over and visits our home and meets our girls. Nothing to be nervous about, she has already warned us she isn't coming to look in every closet, just a nice visit. This is nothing compared to having your home ready to show for real estate. Been there...done that.

We also need to decide the age range of a child we are willing to accept. That one has been a hard choice for us. We have decided that we will accept boy or girl (which most likely means it will be a boy). It has seemed unnatural for us to pick the gender of the child. At the moment, we are thinking one child zero to 18 months old (at the time of referral).

Once we have this last homestudy meeting, it takes the case worker about 2 weeks to write the report then we have a week to have it approved by the international agency before it is printed and notarized. Then we just have a few more things to finish up for our dossier. The dossier is the pack of information that is country specific. Once the dossier is sent in, it goes to Ethiopia and is translated and then we are placed on a waiting list. The problem for us is, when we send it in, we need to send it in with our next large payment. We are still waiting on the funds. That is why we have been working hard on the call-me-cards (HERE) and the yard sale. We have worked really hard to cut our own budget back to the bare bones, and we are praying that God provides the needed funds when we have our paperwork done.

Another big thing this week is oral surgery for me. I am having my last 2 wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. Needless to say, it will be a big deal. The doctor was reminding me of all the complications that can take place and warned me that it is much harder to recover when you are in your thirties. Yikes. Trusting and praying it goes smoothly and there are no complications. I am putting my faith in God on this one...He is sovereign.

Like I said, it is a big week. =)

Oh...BTW, I was trying to make the blog into 3 columns and it didn't turn out quite right and had to go back to a generic design. Not sure what I was thinking, I don't know a THING about Html codes, but for some reason, I thought I could figure it out.

11 comments:

K-Sue said...

This is so exciting! (Except for the wisdom teeth thing) Praying with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited to see the progress you are making in your adoption journey.

Elle J said...

Praying for your peace over the last home study, strength for your surgery and recovery, and continued passion for all of you over your new little one.

Tonya said...

Praying for you this week!! What a lot going on!

Sean and Lisa said...

Praying for a quick and speedy recovery from oral surgery and thanking God that this is your last homestudy! WOO HOO! PRaying you through the process and so excited for each of you!

Lea Whittaker said...

Thinking and praying for ya'll. Was wondering last night if you had made the decision you were mentioning the other day?? Will be praying that tomorrow goes better than you could imagine and the recovery will be uneventful!

Tim and Susan said...

Praying God will lead your family to just the right child at just the right time...AND provide the needed money too. Exciting to see some donations on-line. Cool.

steffany said...

You'll do great!

And if I can figure out how to write three column code then my dear I know you can do it:)

Unknown said...

Praying for your surgery. I'm excited for the progress you are making with the adoption!

Lee and Bev said...

Trusting God for the surgery today and the funds to continue your adoption process. Wish we could just write out a check for the remainder - but know God has exciting provisions ahead for you.

Annie said...

Homestudies seem to be primarily a pain in the neck. Though you usually get the chance to talk to a nice SW. Doing homestudies must be a plum SW job, since the ones who are interesting to talk to, not crazed, dazed or otherwise stressful to be around, seem to do them. At least that's my experience. Good luck with the surgery.

I had the same experience with trying to do the three colume thing. I guess I need an expert to do it for me!