Friday, October 9, 2009

itty bitty update

Can't write much...my mind is foggy with pain killers from the oral surgery. All went well, I now have 2 less teeth and I wonder if I am less wise (wisdom teeth). It kind of makes me wonder what is the purpose for those extra teeth ? Most people don't keep them forever and most people are smart enough to have them taken out when they are young and bounce back quickly. All that to say, I am hurting and hopeful that there are no complications. That doctor got me good and scared when he went over the list of possible complications. Here's to hoping that I don't have dry socket or any other awful complication.

Hope you have a great weekend. Eat lots of crunchy foods for me ~ since I will be eating pudding for a few more days.

11 comments:

Annie said...

My husband lost all of the feeling in his jaw permanently. One of the first things he told me when we started dating was to let him know if there was food hanging on his chin because he can't feel it! I hope you escape that. Ruins kissing, too, unfortunately.

Tim and Susan said...

Sorry you are feeling bad...hang in there. Praying everything heals well. Hey, you got more donations...yea!!

Ginny said...

I need to have two removed as well. I am too chicken. I hope you recover quickly!

Sandee said...

ahhhh...Hope you feel better. Momma feeling unwell is so hard!

oneblessedmamma said...

I had mine out in high school and I got dry sockets...it wasn't that big a deal, but I will pray for you that it doesn't happen.

Elle J said...

I feel your pain; having braces as an adult hurts 1000 time more than when a youngster; I am sure of it. Every one who had braces as a teen or are a teen with braces can't relate to my pain stories. =)

I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out a week prior to moving to college. I can imagine what you are going through. Hope you feel better soon. This too shall pass; hang tough.

Sean and Lisa said...

Brave woman, praying for speedy healing and quick recovery with NO complications, in Jesus' name! I'm sure your sweet family will take extra good care of you but wish I was close by to help.
Praying for you....

Lee and Bev said...

Enjoy the pudding! Hope it is feeling better. Love you!

Kara said...

Kendra had 4 permanent teeth pulled yesterday. She got braces, but needed these teeth out because of crowding. Her teeth are too big for her small mouth. She was put under and I was nervous for her. She is doing great today and is also eating soft food for awhile. You will heal just fine. Doctors have to tell you everything that can go wrong. Just take care of yourself.

Cindy said...

Feel better soon! I had mine out at 18 but waited until 21 to have my tonsils out-not fun!

Unknown said...

Glad you are up enough to send us an update. We have been praying for your recovery.

Pudding in bed would be good for you.