Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Salad Spectacular


If I could eat crunchy food today, this is what sounds good to me. Taco Salad. Yum !! I always make it the same way, lettuce, tomato, cheese, black olive, taco seasoned ground beef, Frito chips, topped with catalina dressing.

We eat a lot of salad around here and most of our meals are meatless. I have made this with boca burger meat, but it just isn't the same. I mix it all up together and serve it with the dressing on. Chuck likes his with extra dressing. =) He is all about the condiments.
I am feeling a little bit better today with my mouth. Still very sore and honestly, I haven't eaten much since Wednesday night. Eating even soft food really brings on the pain. On a positive note, it is a good way to shake a few pounds.

I feel like I haven't done anything all weekend and I am hoping to have enough energy to get all the needful done tomorrow. The girls are taking swimming every Monday and Tally heads back to the ortho for an adjustment. BTW, her teeth have responded very well to the braces. Her two front ones look almost normal. (HERE for the beginning picture) We also have another adoption education class tomorrow night, we are working hard at getting all of the requirements done. Hope to get that homestudy done in the next week or 2.

Oh...one last note, I didn't make it to church this morning (thanks to the oral surgery), but I heard Tally volunteered to say the verse from memory up on stage in front of everyone. So proud of her and her confidence. I love that they are hiding God's word in their hearts.

3 comments:

K-Sue said...

I can hardly wait to see the Tally Teeth. I'm happy to hear she went up boldly with the Word!

Taco salad? Now I'm hungry! I never thought of Catalina dressing, but it sounds pretty good.

I'm with you on the ground Boca burger - it's just great for some things (chili, spaghetti sauce, vegetable-not-beef soup); totally not the same on others.

Crystal said...

That salad looks yummy!!! I have been praying for you and just haven't had any time to pass that on to you : ) I hope you are feeling much better and healing up wonderfully! I am so excited for you and your adoption. God is so good~

Tim and Susan said...

Hope you are feeling better! We ate SO MUCH taco salad this summer...I am afraid my family will be happy to wait until next summer to eat that again.

I think I will make pizza tonight...it is cool and cloudy - love it! Hope you can eat more soon and get through the day.