Thursday, October 15, 2009

some of my favorites

Just real quick I wanted to share about a few sites that are very cool resources. First off, HERE is a blog of a friend who is a VERY creative homeschooling mom. She blogs a lot about her schooling ideas and she is an inspiration to anyone with preschoolers. Looking for ideas of how to get inspired on working with your little ones at home, go and check out her blog.




My girls are part of a Keepers at Home club this year (HERE). It is a group of girls who are learning life skills and striving to be more of a "Godly Girl" . Similar to girl scouts, but with a Christian emphasis. So far our group has worked on badges for first aid and food preservation. We work on some of the badge at the meeting and then we continue at home too. It is something I have always been interested in, and we are thankful that God blessed us with a group of sweet girls to join up with.


Being part of the Keepers group reminded me of this blog (HERE). This blogger introduces the idea of a group that she has formed for some young girls to work on having purposeful friendships. Her group is called Balcony Girls. I think her ideas are really neat and I am praying that I can allow my girls to be part of a similar group.


If you are looking for an email devotional, HERE is a great site that will email you one each day for free. These have blessed me and challenged me and I wanted to share this great resource that can get your day started off in God's Word. If you want them emailed to you, you need to email Don and he will add you to his list.



Totally off topic, we got our immigration finger printing done today. Another thing off the check list. Praising God for His faithfulness.

5 comments:

Sean and Lisa said...

How are you feeling dear friend? Praying your able to eat again and all healed up!

So thankful God has encircled you with wonderful friends and opportunities there. I know the wait was long and hard but oh, so worth it, huh?!
Thanks for all the links.
Great news....fingerprinting....CHECK! Woo Hoo!

Lee and Bev said...

Thanks for the blogs. Great ideas!

Tim and Susan said...

The girls groups sound really fun. Love the idea of learning these "home skills" especially with friends.

Lea Whittaker said...

Thanks for the link to the blog of Tot School.....such great ideas. I have a list of ideas now and just need to figure out how to tackle them:)Thinking of you and hope this yard sale is just as successful as the first!

Tonya Lee said...

Hey,thanks so much for the shout out! I am so excited to get to know such fun homeschool mommies! I am also praying for you and your adoption regularly and can't wait to meet you little one!