Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Praying through these scriptures today

Psalm 119:135-138
"Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees. Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed. Righteous are you, O Lord , and your laws are right. The statues you have laid down are righteous; they are fully trustworthy."


Psalm 147:6
"The Lord sustains the humble but casts the wicked to the ground."

Isaiah 66:2
"My hand has made both earth and skies, and they are mine. Yet I will look with pity on the man who has a humble and a contrite heart, who trembles at my word."

1 Timothy 2:1-4
"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. this is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."


Thanks Rachel, I borrowed these from you my dear. I am honored to be able to pray in freedom for our country.

6 comments:

Major Mom said...

Thank you. We all need this today. ALso, thank you for reminding me of the Mary and Martha story. It has been my anchor today. You are the best bloggy buddy:)

Tim and Susan said...

Praying today too. God is in control and our REAL citizenship is in heaven!!

Rachel said...

This evening I have added 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast your anxiety on Him because he cares for you."

So honored to be praying alongside you as well.

MYstory of HIStory said...

Happened upon your blog via Randi Sue's --- Only stayed briefly - but plan to be back :)

Lee and Bev said...

Prayed I Timothy yesterday as I walked - discouraged about our country and the way it is going. But obeying God's word to pray. This morning my heart again is saddened and the Ps 119 passage is welling up tears in my eyes. How secure to have an anchor on which to depend in the midst of our world of chaos.

DebiH. said...

Thanks for reminding us that prayer is so powerful and comforting.