I was tagged by Karen a few days ago and I have been meaning to get to this. I wanted to do a little twist on it, since we have all seen the same kind of tag game. I have been reading Permission to Mother's book (which is titled Permission to Mother). It inspired me to post interesting things about motherhood, pregnancy and birth.
1. I had a hysterosalpingogram as one of the tests in order investigate the infertility Chuck and I were struggling with.
2. My first child was conceived on fertility drugs. After years of trying, it seemed to be the best hope for us.
3. I never had an ultra sound. I never knew what I was having - there are so few surprises in life.
4. My second baby was a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) and a face presentation baby (when the baby does NOT tuck its chin, but instead tilts it up ~ having the widest part of the head coming out first). I was so grateful to be able to experience the process of a traditional delivery (though she did have one huge swollen eye).
5. When I was pushing to deliver Tristen, I ended up with broken blood vessels in my eyes and face...I meant business (and in my opinion...I would take a vaginal delivery any day over a c-section).
6. I did not, nor was I willing to get an epidural for the VBAC delivery.
7. I used an SNS (tube style nursing) in order to breastfeed Tally. It was a lot work, but looking back on it, I am glad I did.
So, here is the deal on tagging you guys. I would love to tag you all and if you want to play. Go for it. I thought that the twist on the traditional tag would be fun. So, list your 7 interesting tidbits about you for the Motherhood tag.